about the role
We are recruiting experienced Broadcast Technicians to join our team at sea onboard Marella Cruises’ fleet of ships.
As the Senior Technician in charge of the Broadcast Centre and ship-wide AV systems you will work closely with the Entertainment Technical Manager in delivering the entertainment product and guest experience to the highest standards.
Operating and maintaining the ship’s broadcast equipment will be a key part of your role as well as filming and editing content for the daily ‘Cruise Director TV’ channel. You will be responsible for ensuring all video content is displayed correctly and on time on an array of large format LED screens, TV displays and projectors around the ship.
Your communication and reporting skills will be to the highest standard as you will work closely with all departments, senior onboard management as well as reporting to the shoreside technical team on a regular basis.
skills and experience
- For this role you must have proven experience in the tv, broadcasting industry and previous sea-going experience is desirable.
- Experience using content management systems, satellite antenna control, IPTV and BGM systems are essential to this role.
- You will liaise with the bridge navigation officers to ensure satellite coordinates are correctly set and a stable signal is maintained on the in-cabin television channels.
- It is important that you are skilled in operating camera equipment for live broadcast and also filming and editing.
- Proficiency in the Adobe suite of editing applications such as Premier Pro and Photoshop is essential.
- You must be capable of troubleshooting and repairing audio visual and satellite equipment and will assist the entertainment department in maintaining all AV equipment ship-wide.
- You must be fluent in English with excellent oral and written communication skills.
The contract period for this role is up to 9 months with competitive pay, all meals and single occupancy cabin.
All applicants must be fully vaccinated, hold valid STCW certification (or be willing to obtain these) as well as an ENG1 or equivalent seafarer medical certificate.
So, if you are an experienced Broadcast Technician looking for your next career move then we’d love to hear from you.
> Apply today by emailing your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Role Back to Casting