ted is looking for an experienced and talented Product Technologist to partner with the product development and operations team. As a Product Technologist, you will join an experienced cross-discipline team where your skills, enthusiasm, and communication skills will help build an exciting product range for our clients.
We supply UK, US, European and other global clients with their customised merchandise requirements which include cuddly toys, apparel, LED products, pool inflatables, keyrings, drinking vessels, stationery, and collectables to name a few.
Working in the heart of the development environment, the successful candidate will play a key part in working directly with our factory partners in Asia, Europe and the USA, ensuring testing, inspections, QC reports, risk assessments and manufacturing processes are completed the standard required.
Travelling to our factories is essential and by working closely with our testing company, you will be part of achieving a seamless manufacturing process.
- Work with the product development team through the full project lifecycle.
- Work with our factory partners in building sound QC processes and ensure these are adhered to and checked against.
- Work alongside our third-party partners overseas to schedule outsourced testing.
- Visit factory partners throughout the manufacturing process to ensure products are meeting the correct standard.
- Create risk assessments for each product.
- Working with the product development team, ensure critical paths are created and adhered to.
- Identify high-return items and investigate.
- Oversee any rework due to standards not being met.
- Keep up to date with product legislation and standards.
- Escalate findings to Product Developer/Business Development & Product Manager where manufacturing isn’t to standard.
- Implement and execute corrective action for items that fail inspection.
- Produce reports based on findings.
- Ensure key stakeholders are informed as and when required.
- Conduct goods-in inspections on all deliveries especially imported lines
- Assess and visit new factories to ensure they meet our standards and product quality.
- Work with the design team to ensure the packaging artwork meets the legal requirement.
- Work alongside our third-party inspection company to schedule an inspection before shipment.
- Work with the finance team to settle the invoices from factories.
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience working with the production of toys/souvenirs (preferable)
- A high-level understanding of QC as a role within the industry and what makes good practice for QC in toys and souvenirs.
- Ability to write Quality Control processes.
- Ability to identify potential issues providing creative solutions in a timely manner.
- Excellent project management to ensure deadlines are always hit.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- A proven track record of delivering quality products.
- Experience working with Far East factories.
- Able to speak Mandarin (preferred but not essential).
- Experience writing product risk assessments.
- Methodical, organised and accurate with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written English.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office.
Character and Attitude
- Show and fulfil a ‘can do’ attitude.
- Possess the ability to cope with pressure, tight deadlines and demanding targets.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Desire to achieve results.
- Highly self-motivated.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Develop and maintain successful working relationships.