|To assist the Project Manager and Senior Project Manager with installation and event projects. The role holder will be a forward thinking, pro-active person that feels comfortable assisting not only in events but installations as well. The majority of responsibilities centre on the planning and setup of AV systems, design and implementation of creative briefs a long with working alongside our production department to ensure the successful delivery of our entertainment concepts. This means we require the successful applicant to have experience working within the events, hotel & education sectors, specifically with experience planning and implementing events and installations.
This role would suit an individual with sound, light and AV industry experience who has the ability to communicate effectively at all levels. The nature of the role also sees the role holder as somewhat of a resource available to the whole of the AV department, and indeed ted, to offer expertise.
You will have history in operating in a technical position previously and be ready to join a company where you want to develop and progress under the management of AV specialists.
- Work closely with the Project Manager to ensure the smooth running of the projects and events.
- Provide first port of call support for technical support calls into the business.
- Assist the Project Manager with all installation activity
- Assist with the delivery of the AV requirement for events that ted are asked to deliver.
- Co-ordinate both internal technical resource and external freelance resource to deliver events smoothly and efficiently.
- Support the ted team internally with any technical requirements required across the business.
- Exhibit a strong interest in technical innovation
- Support the Project Manager
- Provide technical support for our creative team.
Qualifications & Skills
- A proven track record with the sound, light and AV industry. Event design experience desirable.
- Knowledge of installation specifications with ability to complete technical drawings desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisational skills with ability to multi-task.
- Solid IT skills such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook. Mac proficient and fully conversant with Qlab – programming and operation.
- AutoCAD desirable.
Character and Attitude
- A dynamic and innovative professional with a forward-thinking attitude and approach.
- Demonstrate commitment to the business with a strong knowledge if its mission statement and client base.
- A committed individual.
- The ability to work under own initiative and pressure.
- Always provide a professional image that supports the expectations of the company.
- Drive to want to work within a business that promotes from within.
- Enjoy working in the entertainment and leisure industry
- Experience and knowledge of the technical aspect of the entertainment industry is essential.
- Demonstrable experience is multi-tasking projects.
- Experience within the entertainment industry is beneficial
- Experience working with main contractors and their processes