ted is a growing, innovative, industry leading entertainment, technical, retail & leisure provider. With an expanding international client portfolio, a commercial trend of growth in the last 5 years, we are now looking to appoint a new cruise technical manager role reporting to the Head of AV.
Accountable for all Cruise Operations managing the fleet of ships that we currently operate on behalf of MSC Cruises. This will involve the day to day running of the vessels including management of technical personnel on board, recruitment and rotation planning for staff as well as fielding any technical queries that the on-board team would have. This is a very varied role that will see the role holder challenged to come up with new and innovative solutions to our developing entertainment product. Outlining 5-year CAPEX plans for our client to ensure the constant improvement of the technical equipment on-board is fulfilled. You will be responsible for the management of logistics in the run up to dry dock installations as well as assisting the projects team in AV design works and CAD drawings.
You will be responsible for the upkeep of technical equipment on board ensuring that all equipment is working, maintained and conforms to all maritime regulations inclusive of ROTE certification. This will involve the management of all spares and repairs of equipment.
You will also be responsible for the installation of new shows onboard the ships, and with recruiting lighting, sound, automation technicians and working with our scenery company to install these shows. This will be in combination with our installation Project Managers.
The role also requires you to delegate to junior members of the team including our procurements and logistics personnel, arranging the procurement of all equipment for projects down to organisation of goods prior to commencement of projects.
You will have proven history in operating in a lead position previously and be ready to join a company where you want to develop and progress.
Qualifications and Skills-
|• Ability to demonstrate previous client and team management
• Budget management skills required
• Excellent communicator with all, both in written work and verbally
• Strong organisational skills
• AutoCAD LT desirable
• Understanding of Maritime Health & Safety (SOLAS) and STCW training.
• IT skills such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook or MAC proficient
|• Proven track record of delivering projects on-time and on-budget
• Demonstrable experience is multi-tasking projects.
• Experience within the cruise entertainment industry including the deployment of shows on board.
· AV Integration within Cruise Ships desirable
· Working on board cruise ships specifically during a dry dock period.
· Events experience (management & delivery)